The Aidan Montessori School Washington, DC
Montessori schools have been a cornerstone in educational paradigms for over a century, focusing on the whole child and encouraging independent thought. Among the 4,000 accredited Montessori institutions in the U.S., The Aidan Montessori School in Washington DC stands out for its commitment to these principles.
Key Features of Aidan Montessori School
Aidan Montessori School offers a variety of programs, including Half-Day and Full-Day Young Children’s Community, Primary, Lower Elementary, and Upper Elementary. They also have a unique summer camp program known as Aidan Explorers.
The Aidan Montessori School Washington DC Tuition and Fees for 2023-2024
Ready to make a smart investment in your child’s future? Navigating the financial side of education can be a breeze!
Let’s dive deep into the tuition and fee breakdown for the 2023-2024 academic year at the renowned Aidan Montessori School in Washington, DC. Empower your decision-making with clarity and confidence!
The school has a detailed tuition structure that varies depending on the program. For example, the Half-Day Young Children’s Community costs $25,751 for the academic year 2023-2024.
|Half-Day Young Children’s Community||$25,751|
|Full-Day Young Children’s Community||$33,928|
|Mid-Year, Half-Day Young Children’s Community||$13,000*|
|Mid-Year, Full-Day Young Children’s Community||$17,128*|
* Tuition rates for mid-year Toddler and Primary children will be prorated based on the child’s start date and program selection.
|New Family Registration Fee||$2,500||Non-refundable, one-time only per family|
|Tuition Deposit||$1,000||Non-refundable, applied to the first tuition payment|
|After School (3:00 – 6:00 PM) 5 days/week||$5,515|
|After School (4:00 – 6:00 PM) 5 days/week||$3,940|
Financial Disclosures and Additional Information
- A detailed, printable Tuition and Fees schedule, including drop-in rates for the After School Program (ASP) and price breakdown for 2-, 3-, 4-, and 5-day ASP contracts, is available for download as a PDF.
- Tuition insurance is offered through Dewars and is required for parents opting for payment plans B (two pay) and C (ten pay).
- Tuition rates for the 2024-2025 academic year will be confirmed in winter 2024. An annual increase of 4-6% in tuition is expected.
For more comprehensive information, visit the official website: Aidan Montessori School Tuition and Fees.
This information aims to provide a transparent overview of the financial commitments involved in enrolling a child at Aidan Montessori School for the 2023-2024 academic year.
The Aidan Montessori School Washington DC Summer Camp: Aidan Explorers 2023
Aidan Montessori School offers a summer program called Aidan Explorers, designed for both Primary and Elementary age groups. The camp is in-person on the Aidan campus and includes various field trips throughout the summer.
Registration for Aidan Explorers is initially open only to current and incoming Aidan families. Public registration will commence on March 1.
The Elementary Summer Program is not confined to the campus but extends throughout Washington, DC. It features four field trips per week, covering a range of activities from rock climbing to museum visits. Additional activities like art, cooking, and sports are offered on campus.
The Primary Summer Program focuses on daily enriching activities and work cycles, punctuated by weekly themes like “The Great Safari” and “International Week.” While on campus, children will engage in art, movement, cooking, and more. The program also includes one field trip per week and features a camper-favorite activity: Water Day on Fridays.
Note: Although the camp’s classrooms are not strictly Montessori, Montessori’s teachings and principles influence many program elements.
- Camp runs from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
- Arrival time is between 8:30 to 8:45 AM.
- Dismissal time is between 3:30 to 3:45 PM.
- Aftercare is available daily from 3:30 to 6:00 PM.
- Elementary: For students entering Grades 1-7 during the 2022-2023 school year. Ages 5-12.
- Primary: For Pre-K through K students during the 2022-2023 school year. Ages 3-6. Toilet training is required.
- Arrival and dismissal occur at the front of Aidan Montessori School.
- Field trips for Elementary students include travel via school bus, DC Metro, and walking. Primary students will travel off-campus via school bus and walking.
- Camp fees cover all activities and transportation.
- Lunch and snacks are not provided.
- A detailed schedule of activities will be released in the Spring. Activities are subject to change due to COVID-19 and weather conditions.
For more information, you can visit the official Aidan Explorers page.
The Aidan Montessori School Washington DC Faculty and Staff Information
The faculty and staff at Aidan Montessori School play a crucial role in implementing the Montessori philosophy and ensuring a well-rounded education for the students. Below is a detailed list of the faculty and staff members, categorized by the community or class they are associated with:
Young Children’s Community
- Mali Cooray: Assistant Teacher for the Mountain Silverbell Class
- Gloria Jauregui: Teacher for the Sassafras Class
- Mia Manns: Assistant Teacher for the Sassafras Class
- Sudharshini Perera: Assistant Teacher for the Sassafras Class
- Rut Salas: Assistant Teacher for the Mountain Silverbell Class
- Pamela Vigil: Teacher for the Mountain Silverbell Class
- Cecilia Aker: Teacher for the Persimmon Class
- Claudia Caihuara: Teacher for the Mulberry Class
- Zinat Khraishah: Assistant Teacher for the Redbud Class
- Katia Kozhakova: Teacher for the Dogwood Class
- Gwynne Manty: Teacher for the Redbud Class and Coordinator for the Aidan Program for Families (APF)
- Mila Rey: Assistant Teacher for the Mulberry Class
- Shewit Samuel: Assistant Teacher for the Persimmon Class
- Anastasiia Truskova: Assistant Teacher for the Dogwood Class
These faculty and staff members are trained in the Montessori method and are dedicated to fostering an environment that encourages self-guided learning, group interaction, and experiential education.
You can visit the official webpage, Aidan Montessori Faculty and Staff, for more comprehensive information about the faculty and staff, including their educational backgrounds, qualifications, and roles within the Aidan Montessori School community.
The Aidan Montessori School Washington DC Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees at Aidan Montessori School plays a crucial role in the governance and strategic planning of the institution. The Board is responsible for setting the school’s mission, vision, and long-term goals. It also establishes overarching policies and ensures the school’s financial stability. The Board works closely with the Head of the School, who is responsible for day-to-day operations and implementing Board policies.
Key responsibilities of the Board include:
- Setting the school’s mission and vision
- Establishing strategic goals and policies
- Ensuring financial stability and future planning
- Selecting, supporting, and assessing the Head of School
- Overseeing operating budgets
- Actively participating in fundraising efforts
The Board takes accountability for both the financial stability and the financial future of the school. It engages in strategic financial planning and closely monitors operating budgets.
The Board meets frequently throughout the academic year to discuss various matters related to the school’s governance and operations. Board members serve staggered two-year terms, allowing for continuity and fresh perspectives.
2023-2024 Board Members
- Zoya Davis: President
- Joshua Ackil: Co-Vice President
- Daniel Widome: Co-Vice President
- Mana Baltimore: Co-Treasurer
- Lucy Liu: Co-Treasurer
- Christopher Eanes: Co-Secretary
- Eoin Healy: Co-Secretary
Board Members at Large
- Kirk Freeman
- Eloise Hackett
- Alysa Herrera Taylor
- Danielle Lafhaj
- Michael McMullen
- Jennifer Paige
- Ellease White
- Yado Yakub
Ex Officio Members
- Jamie Rue: Head of School
For more information about the Board of Trustees at Aidan Montessori School, you can visit their official website: Aidan Montessori Board of Trustees.
Admissions and Calendar
The Aidan Montessori School Washington DC Admissions Process
Applications for the 2024-2025 academic year are now open. The school provides detailed information and support to prospective families throughout the admissions process.
The admissions process is essential to any educational institution, and Aidan Montessori School is no exception. Located in Washington, DC, this school has a long-standing commitment to the educational philosophy and pedagogy of Dr. Maria Montessori. The school is recognized by the Association Montessori Internationale/USA (AMI/USA) for all developmental levels and offers programs that focus on the child’s whole development.
Application Period for 2024-2024
Aidan Montessori School has opened its application process for the 2024-2024 academic year. This is an opportunity for parents and guardians to secure a spot for their children in a school emphasizing independent, self-motivated learning in a community setting.
Availability for 2023-2024
For those interested in immediate enrollment, the school has announced that a few spots are available for the 2023-2024 academic year. Given the limited availability, prompt action is advised for those interested in these spots.
The Aidan Montessori School Washington DC Admissions
Thank you for considering Aidan Montessori School for your child’s education. Established in 1961, the school adheres to the educational philosophy and methods developed by Dr. Maria Montessori. Recognized by the Association Montessori Internationale/USA (AMI/USA), Aidan focuses on the holistic development of each child, aiming to nurture independent, self-motivated learners who can contribute meaningfully to the global community.
Choosing the right educational environment for your child is a significant decision. Aidan is committed to providing you with all the information you need to make an informed choice. We offer several opportunities for prospective families to get to know the school, including Open Houses and scheduled school visits.
For more information or to schedule a visit, you can reach out to the admissions office at:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 202.387.2700 ext. 140
Admissions Calendar for 2023-2024
- October 1, 2023: Online Financial Aid Application Opens (All day)
- October 13, 2023: Open House (9:15 AM – 11:00 AM)
- October 17, 2023: Looking Ahead to Lower Elementary (8:30 AM – 9:30 AM)
- November 3, 2023: Open House (9:15 AM – 11:00 AM)
- November 16, 2023: Virtual Open House (7:30 PM – 9:00 PM)
- November 30, 2023: Looking Ahead to Primary (8:30 AM – 9:30 AM)
- December 1, 2023: Open House (9:15 AM – 11:00 AM)
- December 8, 2023: Application Deadline for Siblings and Faculty/Staff Children (All day)
- December 8, 2023: Applying Out Due Date for Forms & Teacher Recommendations (All day)
- January 5, 2024: Open House (9:15 AM – 11:00 AM)
For more details and to stay updated, subscribe to alerts on the official Aidan Montessori School Admissions page.
For more details about the admissions process or available spots, the admissions office can be reached via email at [email protected]. Alternatively, you can contact them by phone at 202.387.2700, extension 140. The admissions office can provide comprehensive information about the application process, tuition, and any other queries you may have.
The Aidan Montessori School Washington DC Academic Calendar
The school provides a comprehensive calendar on its official website for those interested in the academic schedule, important dates, and holidays at Aidan Montessori School. This calendar includes information on the start and end dates of the academic year, holidays, parent-teacher conferences, and other significant school events.
For the most up-to-date information, visit the official Aidan Montessori School calendar page: Aidan Montessori School Calendar.
This resource is particularly useful for parents and guardians for planning purposes, as it provides a complete overview of the school year.
The Aidan Montessori School calendar is available on their official website, detailing important dates like open houses and application deadlines.
Understanding the IRS Form 990 for Aidan Montessori School
Aidan Montessori School, located in Washington, DC, is a tax-exempt educational institution under the IRS code 501(c)(3). This designation allows the organization to operate for specific purposes, such as religious, educational, charitable, scientific, and literary activities. The school has held this tax-exempt status since April 1963. It is classified under the National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities (NTEE) as a Primary Elementary School involved in Educational Institutions and Related Activities.
Tax-Exempt Status and Donations
Donations made to Aidan Montessori School are tax-deductible, incentivizing potential donors to contribute to the institution. For those interested in the organization’s financial aspects, more resources are available through GuideStar, a platform that provides information on nonprofit organizations.
Annual Tax Filings
The IRS Form 990 is an annual information return that Aidan Montessori School, like most tax-exempt organizations, is required to file. This form provides a comprehensive overview of the organization’s activities, governance, and detailed financial information. The data in these forms can be crucial for various stakeholders, including donors, researchers, and policymakers, to understand the organization’s financial health and operational status.
As of the fiscal year ending in June 2022, the most recent Form 990 was filed on April 5, 2023. It should be noted that if the organization has filed an amended return, this may not be reflected in the available data. Additionally, duplicated download links could be due to resubmissions or amendments to the organization’s original return.
Key Employees and Compensation
The Form 990 also discloses the compensation of key employees and officers of the organization. For instance, Kevin Clark, the Head of School, received a compensation of $239,457 for the fiscal year in question. Other key figures include Blakeman Brophy, the CFO, with a compensation of $144,298, and James Purse, the COO, who received $133,996. Grace Lee, the Director of Enrollment Management, was compensated $120,328. Several other officers and trustees are listed, many of whom do not receive any compensation for their roles.
For those interested in more detailed financial data or other aspects of Aidan Montessori School’s operations, the Form 990 documents are available for download. More information can be found on the ProPublica website: Aidan Montessori School on ProPublica.
This information can be particularly useful for current or prospective parents, donors, and anyone interested in the governance and financial accountability of educational institutions like Aidan Montessori School.
Reviews and Social Media
The school has received positive reviews on platforms like GreatSchools and Facebook. They are also active on social media platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Information on Aidan Montessori School Reviews
For those considering The Aidan Montessori School Washington DC for educational needs, it may be helpful to consult various review platforms to gauge the experiences of other parents, students, and community members. These reviews can offer insights into the school’s curriculum, faculty, facilities, and overall environment.
Online Review Platforms:
- Rating: 4.1 out of 5
- Number of Votes: 25
- Visit GreatSchools for more information
- Rating: 4.7 out of 5
- Number of Votes: 14
- Visit Facebook for more information
- Rating: 4.8 out of 5
- Number of Reviews: 8
- Visit Niche for more information
These platforms offer a range of perspectives and are often accompanied by detailed comments that can provide a more nuanced understanding of the school’s offerings. The ratings are generally favorable across these platforms, indicating a high level of satisfaction among reviewers.
It’s worth noting that while these reviews can be informative, they are subjective experiences and should be considered as part of a broader research process. For a more comprehensive understanding, prospective families may also consider visiting the school, speaking with current parents or faculty, and reviewing any available academic performance data.
Information on Aidan Montessori School’s Website
The official website serves as a valuable resource for those seeking comprehensive information about Aidan Montessori School. The website provides a wide range of details, including but not limited to admissions procedures, tuition fees, academic programs, faculty and staff profiles, and school calendars.
- Official Website: Aidan Montessori School
The website is designed to be user-friendly and is regularly updated to provide the latest information. It is a reliable source for prospective and current families to understand the school’s offerings and stay updated on upcoming events, news, and other relevant information.
Employment/Job Opportunities at The Aidan Montessori School Washington, DC
Aidan Montessori School offers various employment opportunities for those interested in a career in Montessori education. The school maintains an open-door policy for job applications and is keen to hear from enthusiastic individuals who align with its educational philosophy. Even if there are no specific job postings at a given time, resumes and general letters of interest are always welcome and can be sent to the following email address: [email protected].
Current Job Openings
The most recent update shows that the school is actively seeking staff for its After-School Program. This role involves supervising and engaging with students in a safe and enriching environment during after-school hours.
Aidan Montessori School offers a comprehensive benefits package to its employees, eligibility for which may vary depending on the number of hours worked per week. As of 2017, the benefits include:
- Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision Plans: Available through AIMS’ Educator Benefit Services for employees working 17.5+ hours per week. More Info
- Tuition Remission & After School Program Remission: 50% tuition remission and 100% after-school program remission during work hours for employees working 17.5+ hours per week.
- Paid Leave: The amount and type of paid leave may vary by position.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): Healthcare and Dependent Care FSAs are available for employees working 17.5+ hours per week.
- Life Insurance: Available for employees working 20+ hours per week.
- Disability Insurance: Both long-term and short-term disability insurance options are available for employees working 20+ hours per week.
- Metro Transit Authority SmartBenefits: Available to all employees, regardless of the hours worked per week.
- Professional Development: Opportunities for professional growth are available and require approval.
- Retirement Plans: 403b plans with an employer match of up to 1% for an employee’s contribution of 2% or more and a 4% contribution after two years of service for employees working 17.5+ hours per week.
For more detailed information on employment opportunities and benefits, you can visit the official careers page of Aidan Montessori School.
Aidan Montessori School often has openings for various positions for those interested in careers, including After-School Program Staff.
Information on Aidan Montessori School Photos
For those interested in viewing photos of Aidan Montessori School, the school’s website and various social media platforms serve as valuable resources. These platforms often feature images that provide insights into the school’s environment, activities, faculty, staff, and student life.
While the website may offer official photographs and galleries that showcase the school’s facilities, classrooms, and special events, the social media accounts often provide a more dynamic and up-to-date visual narrative of daily activities, special projects, and community engagement.
You can visit the Aidan Montessori School’s website for official and high-resolution images.
For more candid shots, updates, and a glimpse into the school’s community life, you can follow their social media accounts:
These platforms offer a comprehensive visual experience of what Aidan Montessori School offers, from academic activities and creative projects to community events and extracurricular opportunities.
Aidan Montessori School on Social Media
Aidan Montessori School maintains an active presence on Instagram, sharing various updates, photos, and insights into daily school life. You can follow them on Instagram to stay updated on what’s happening at the school: Aidan Montessori’s Instagram.
The school is also active on Facebook, posting news, updates, and event information. The page has received a rating of 4.7 out of 5 based on 14 votes, indicating high satisfaction among its followers. You can like and follow their Facebook page here: Aidan Montessori Facebook.
Other Social Media Accounts
In addition to Instagram and Facebook, Aidan Montessori School is present on other social media platforms:
- Twitter: The school uses Twitter to share quick updates, news, and other relevant information. Follow them at Aidan Montessori’s Twitter.
- LinkedIn: Aidan Montessori School has a LinkedIn company page that posts about job openings, shares professional news, and connects with educators and other professionals. You can follow them on LinkedIn at Aidan Montessori LinkedIn.
Aidan Montessori School prides itself on being DC’s most established Montessori School, serving children from 18 months to grade 6. Following them on these social media platforms is a great way to stay connected and updated on the school’s activities and announcements.
The Aidan Montessori School Washington DC Operating Hours
For those interested in the Aidan Montessori School, it’s essential to know the school’s operating hours, whether for planning visits, scheduling appointments, or understanding the daily routine. Below are the official operating hours for the institution:
- Monday: 8 AM – 6 PM
- Tuesday: 8 AM – 6 PM
- Wednesday: 8 AM – 6 PM
- Thursday: 8 AM – 6 PM
- Friday: 8 AM – 6 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
These hours indicate the general timeframe during which the school’s administrative offices are open and when various school activities, including academic sessions and after-school programs, typically occur. It’s advisable to contact the school directly for specific information on class timings, extracurricular activities, and any special events that may alter these standard operating hours.
- What is Aidan Montessori School’s approach to education?
- The school follows the Montessori method, focusing on self-guided activities, group interaction, and experiential learning.
- How can I apply for Aidan Montessori School?
- Applications can be submitted through their admissions office, and they also offer open houses and school visits.
- Is Aidan Montessori School a non-profit?
- Yes, it is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
For those seeking a comprehensive understanding of The Aidan Montessori School in Washington DC, this guide aims to provide neutral and detailed information. For more specifics, you can visit their official website or contact them directly.
Welcome to zhshcn.com, your definitive guide to Montessori Schools throughout the USA. As staunch proponents of the Montessori philosophy, we’ve meticulously compiled a directory spotlighting the nation’s most esteemed institutions, each deeply rooted in Maria Montessori’s ethos of child-focused education.
8am – 6pm
8am – 6pm
8am – 6pm
8am – 6pm
8am – 6pm